Jan 12, 2012

My Attempted Zebra Cake! 1st Try!



I know alot of your were curious about the cake I made!  It was my attempts to make what they call, a Zebra Cake!! Basically it's a process of layering 2 different color cake batters to create the effect of zebra strips!! It was very simple to make but it didn't turn out as great as I hoped!! Try it for yourself! I'd love to see.



First you will need 1 box of Duncan Hines Cake Mix {white or lemon} on sale this week for $0.99 at Ralphs/Kroger!

3 Eggs

Vegetable Oil

Water

Cocoa Powder

Frosting {optional}

This recipe makes (2) 8 x 8 round dish cakes, perfect for a 2 tiered cake!



Follow the cake mixing directions.  Then split the batter equally in 2 seperate bowls.  You will add cocoa powder to one of the bowls to get your chocolate brown color!  Now on to the fun part!!

Be sure to grease both pans with oil or pam to ensure no sticking!

Take a 1/4 Measuring cup and pour the white mix directly in the middle of each pan, then pour 1/4 cup of the chocolate mix directly on top of the white mix.. Continue this process until both pans are full!  It should look slightly like this, hopefully cleaner as mine didn't turn out well!



Place in the oven at 350' for 33 Minutes!!!



After removing cakes allow to cool.  I chose to use vanilla frosting with sprinkles to add a extra flair!

I laid the first layer in my cake stand, than topped that layer with frosting!  Then i applied the second layer onto the first and continued frosting the entire cake!! I finished it off with colorful sprinkles!



When I cut into the cake it was more of a chunkier Zebra Stripe!  Wasn't a complete fail but I strive to do better the next time!


I found this recipe on pinterest and it can be found under my sweets and treats section

No comments:

Post a Comment